Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joe The Plumber?????

As I watched the debate last night, it made me realize just how much John McCain is out of touch with middle class America.

First off, can he even say the words MIDDLE CLASS, because I never heard him mention us once. Second is this Joe the Plumber crap! Middle class America is not Joe the Plumber. I work a decent job, 48 hours a week, but as a single parent trying to make it on my own, at times I have to worry about how many groceries I buy when I'm shopping. I have to budget every aspect of my finances just to make it. So forgive me if I can't muster up any sympathy for Joe the friggin plumber for not being able to buy a BUSINESS! Poor Joe. What will he do??? McCain is so clueless to our plight. He has no idea what it's like to struggle.

His health care plan is a joke too. Anyone that has ever had to go out and purchase their own health insurance between jobs knows how far $5,000 is going to go. No where. Without any kind of reform to the system, for most of us that have had any kind of pre existing condition, we might as well just wipe our asses with his $5,000. And you may call me unpatriotic, but I would LOVE to have health insurance like Canada and England. To not live in fear of cancer or a heart attack making us bankrupt would be nice!

He consistently wants to point fingers at Obama... Bill Ayers, Acorn... just to keep everyone from seeing the real deal. He keeps attacking Obama on a personal level. Who he "pals around with" or who he used to "work for". Obama attacks McCain's PLANS and POLICIES. Big difference if you want to talk about negative campaigns. And furthermore, who is to say that the ACORN thing wasn't a bunch of republicans incognito trying to stir things up. They go in, volunteer to register voters and make up registrations just so they can turn around and point the finger at Obama. I wouldn't put it past them. They come across as that desperate at this point. I mean you pay someone $8 an hour to register voters, you are going to have some losers that just make up stuff to get the money. Not to mention that Obama isn't even linked to the group beyond representing them in a motor voter initiative. I won't go into detail, but there are a whole host of GOOD things that ACORN has done for the under privileged and lower class, but who cares about those that don't have capital and can't buy a plumbing business?

I got a phone call AT WORK today... one of those pre recorded deals from McCain talking about Obama and Ayers. It made my skin crawl. Stick to the issues. If Ayers was such a huge national security threat why is he free? It insults my intelligence for McCain's campaign to try to cram this nonsense down my throat. I research these allegations and make my own decisions. I have checked it out on factcheck.org among other places, and they are making a mountain out of a molehill. McCain doesn't want us to link him to President Bush even though he basically spent 8 years up his ass, but it's ok to link Obama to someone he merely served on an educational panel with in Chicago. Makes perfect sense!

No comments: